Chiloquin, Oregon Railroad
Located between Klamath Falls and Crater Lake National Park, Train Mountain Railroad is the longest miniature hobby railroad in central Oregon, United States.
Interesting Facts About Chiloquin Oregon Railroad
• Elevations at Train Mountain varies from it’s lowest point 1,300 m at South Meadow, to over 1,400 m at it’s highest point at Steiger Butte.
• In the 2004 Guinness World Records acknowledged Train Mountain the “Longest Miniature Hobby Railroad” with more than 40.6 km of total track. Since then the railroad has added an additional 16 km of new track.
• In 2005 Train Mountain was featured by way of an Oregon Public Broadcasting video, “The Dream” as tribute to the railroad’s late founder Quentin Breen.
• Train Mountain Railroad Museum features full-sized antique railroad rolling stock as well as several other historic exhibits including the well-known 1923 100-short-ton antique, steam-powered, rotary show blower.
• In 2012 Train Mountain celebrated it’s 25th anniversary and featured an international miniature train meet known as the “2012 Triennial.”
• Klamath & Western Railroad, a non-profit corporation located east Train Mountain and competitively operated prior the founding of Train Mountain as, “Over The Hill Live Steamers” offers free public rides and has a collection featuring several collector’s items on exhibit including Southern Pacific Station’s Train Order Semaphore Signal.
• Train Mountain is primarily operated and maintained by member volunteers.
• Train Mountain uses a centralized traffic control computer switching and signal system. Status of this system can be viewed at Friends of Train Mountain website.
Chiloquin Oregon RailCams
Updated every 30 seconds, the Chiloquin Oregon RailCams features four cameras showing 7-1/2” gauge live streams in Chiloquin, Oregon.